Spreading the word
Guildford could be a much finer town than it is today, but it won’t get there by piecemeal development that pays little attention to the long term challenges and opportunities facing the town. With major new developments being proposed, the creation of a new overall Vision for Guildford has become an urgent priority. This needs to engage with the whole community in depth and to be fully supported by the most experienced professional advisors available. We therefore require our representatives in Guildford Borough Council, working with all other significant stakeholders and authorities, to address this issue now, before it’s too late and before any significant further development is approved.
What else you can do
For more information, please see other parts of this website
Current development challenges highlight the need for urgency
Examples of what can be achieved
Background to the Guildford Vision Group
If you haven’t already done so, complete our questionnaire
to help us get some early views on what we could really aspire to if we allow ourselves to work together.
- Pass on this message to others; let’s really get the ball rolling. Talk about this to your friends and colleagues and encourage them to sign up and answer the questionnaire too. Direct them to this website or note we are on Twitter and Facebook too.
- Speak or write to your local councillor. If you need to find out who that is check here
- Raise the issues as a discussion topic at your work, residents association, school, college or church meetings.
- Host a debate specifically on the subject – we’ll help – have look here
- Join the debate on this site