ADDITIONAL RESPONSE TO THE CONSULTATION – DECLARE THE PLAN UNSOUND
This advice follows the conclusion reached at the Public Meeting on Tuesday.
WHEN: Immediately, and certainly before the deadline of 12 noon on Wednesday 23 October 2018.
HOW: The easiest method is by email to: email@example.com
Ensure you include your name and address as the Council will not accept anonymous responses. You can respond online if you choose – see *note at the bottom of this page.
WHAT TO SAY:
The Local Plan is unsound because:
- The council has not properly observed its hierarchy of development. Brownfield opportunities, especially in the town centre, have not been fully exploited
- There is too much reliance on A3 improvements and they are beyond the council’s control
- The town centre policy, S3, is thus inadequate and also does not address the infrastructure deficit
- Housing numbers should reflect the latest ONS figures and projections. The public hearings should be re-opened on this subject to allow re-examination
- The grounds for green belt development are inadequate because of 1 and 3 and do not represent ‘exceptional circumstances’
Don’t worry if you have made comments already. There is no restriction on the number of responses you return so long as you include your name and address and meet the deadline.
CONTACT YOUR LOCAL COUNCILLORS
You will find the names and contact details of the councillors for your ward on the GBC website here: http://bit.ly/GBCCouncillors
Ask them how they will ensure we don’t end up with an unsound Local Plan. What they are going to do to ensure Guildford has a proper, adopted Masterplan which integrates GVG’s proposals.
CONTACT THE CANDIDATES FOR THE 2019 MAY LOCAL ELECTIONS TO GBC
Ask them how they will implement what the town needs for a sound Local Plan through GVG’s proposals.
*SEE THE LOCAL PLAN MODIFICATIONS: To download the modified Local Plan, and to respond online if you choose, go to: http://bit.ly/GBCRespond
You don’t have to respond to every modification. GVG is very keen that you respond to Policy S3 which is about the Town Centre. Go to MM3 to make your comments about the Plan being unsound.
For more information visit our website: www.guildfordvisiongroup.com See the ‘flythrough’ of our proposals at: http://bit.ly/GVG_Flythrough or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or suggestions. Tuesday’s public meeting can be viewed here